Impotence in young men is mostly caused by psychological and emotional problems. Psychological problems are caused by conflicts in relationship, anxiousness in performance and other kinds of issues that may affect the victim, directly or indirectly such as job problems. The best method in this kind of problem is through psycho sexual therapy. Treatment for impotence in this situation would involve counseling both partners involved. The process of counseling is undertaken by experienced counselors. This kind of treatment is permanent.
Causes of male impotence
The causes of impotence are varied. As noted, erectile dysfunction can be brought on by psychological factors. Other causes of impotence include physiological factors. These have to do with anything that interferes with the normal functioning of the body. For instance:
- Diseases such as diabetes, prostate disorders, heart problems, stroke, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, and neurological diseases are some causes of impotence. Diabetes especially is considered a major cause of erectile dysfunction.
- Hormonal disorders whereby testosterone levels reduce with age can cause erectile dysfunction. However, impotence cures in such a situation can be administered to alter the diminished hormones.
- Medication and surgery are also culprits of impotence. A lot of medication used to treat the above mentioned diseases may have an adverse effect on sexual performance for men. Other drugs such as diet pills, ulcer medication and drugs used to treat baldness can result to impotence. Surgery, which in some cases is inevitable, may accidentally lead to the damage of muscles, arteries or nerves. This may affect erectile functioning.
- Lifestyle: It is very plausible that an individual’s lifestyle will have an effect on his sexual performance. Use of narcotics, alcohol abuse and incessant cigarette smoking are causes of impotence.
- Hormonal problem. This type of impotence is rare. The most common form of hormonal problem is reduction of testosterone. Treatment for impotence in this kind of situation is through replacement of hormones through the synthetic technique. This should be done under strict instructions from a doctor. Men with advanced impotence problems are advised to use penile prosthesis. Treatment for impotence in this situation involves implanting of some object in the penis. This helps the penis to maintain an erection for a long time.
Another cause of impotence is blockage of arteries that takes blood to the penis. Surgery is used as treatment for impotence in this kind of situation where arteries are blocked. Surgery provides a permanent solution for problem arising out of blockage of the artery. After surgery blood flow smoothly through the penis arteries and therefore enables the victim to have a steady erection. Impotence may be caused by either organic or psychological problems. Most of the erectile problems caused by psychological problem are treatable. Different levels of impotence are treated differently. Specialists in impotence are the best persons to seek advice from if one is having erectile dysfunction.
Treatment of male impotence
Some of the impotence treatments are as follows.
- Penile prosthesis:
Penile prosthesis is a surgical procedure which involves two varied processes. You could have bendable or malleable rods implanted into the sexual organ. This keeps the sexual organ erect at any given time, which saves the individual the trouble of lifting it during sexual intercourse. However, it is disadvantageous in that the sexual organ would remain rigid at any given time, which could be very uncomfortable for the individual. Alternatively, you could have inflatable devices installed in the penile area in which case you would have much control over the erection. You would only have to pump air into the devices thereby getting the sexual organ erect. Two cylinders, a pump and a reservoir are surgically implanted in the area with the cylinders being in the penis. Penile prosthesis however is considered mostly when the other methods are ineffective.
- Hormone therapy:
This therapy is mostly done when the impotence is as a result of hormones like testosterone. In some cases, the condition is caused by reduced sex drive resulting from low levels of testosterone. The therapy would boost testosterone levels thereby increasing the sex drive and achieving sexual intercourse. As stated earlier, the appropriate impotence treatments are determined by the patient’s mental and physical conditions and therefore there is no uniformity as to the appropriate treatment for every individual.
- Use of prescription drugs:
Use of prescription drugs is one of the most commonly used impotence treatments. Erectile dysfunction can be traced to high blood pressure. In this case, most medications are made up of substances with the capacity to lower the blood pressure. More often than not, prescription drugs contain elements that have the capacity to stimulate the production of nitric oxide, which lowers the flow of blood. It is important to acknowledge however that most of these drugs come with undesirable reactions and side effects, which may actually cause lasting erectile dysfunction. This spells doom for healthy individuals who use these drugs just for pleasure rather than treating impotence. It is also advisable that one takes caution when buying over the counter medications since you can never be sure about their safety.
- Natural impotence treatments:
These have actually been some of the most preferred treatments mainly due to their simplicity and effectiveness. They involve exercising more to improve blood flow by unclogging the blood vessels, use of herbs such as ginkgo, use of vitamin supplements, fruits and vegetables (watermelons and garlic have been particularly very effective) as well as lifestyle changes such as drinking less caffeine and alcohol and giving up smoking. Not only would these enhance your sex drive, but they would also improve an individual’s general health.
These can be done any time before a sexual encounter. The injection is usually administered into the penis shaft to generate an erection. It works in about fifteen minutes.
Erectile dysfunction is always considered as an embarrassing condition by many men. However, it is important to note that it may lead to detection of a life threatening disease. Seek impotence cures just as you would obtain treatment for any other ailment.