What is Menopur 75 iu?
This is a type of medication that is meant for treating certain fertility problems in women. It is suitable for treating infertility that is associated with lack of ovulation, stimulation of the ovarian function, ovary follicle stimulation, female problems causing trouble in becoming pregnant, and stimulation of the ovarian follicle. The medication will produce a luteinizing hormone and a follicle stimulating hormone that aids in a healthy ovary that allows for the easy process of making eggs. In order to enable the medication aid you become pregnant, it is recommended that it should be used with other hormones like the human chorionic gonadotropin-HCG. This combination will aid in bringing out the growth and a mature ovulation process. Despite being very effective, it is not recommended for any woman whose ovaries can no longer make eggs. This is because of the primary ovarian failure.
How should you use the Menopur 75 iu?
Just like any other kind of medication, it is crucial and advisable to get the prescription of your doctor before using the medication. The medication needs to be injected directly under the skin. There isn’t any specific duration of use or dosage as this varies based on the patient’s therapy and other medications that may be included. Despite this disparity, it is also important to ensure that you don’t use the Menopur 75 iu not more than 20 days for every treatment or not more than 450 iu every day.
The medication should never be taken along other types of medications that include the herbal products, prescription drugs, and nonprescription drugs. In case you miss a dose, you are never allowed to have a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
When and who shouldn’t use Menopur 75 iu?
There are certain exceptions when it comes to using this type of medication. These are due to the side effects that you are likely to experience or the medication failing to provide quality results. Below are some of the people who shouldn’t use the medication.
- The pregnant women
- Any person allergic to any ingredient in the medication or to menotropins
- When you have adrenal gland dysfunction or uncontrolled thyroid
- When you have an abnormal vaginal bleeding that hasn’t been diagnosed
- When you have a tumor of the uterus, fallopian tubes, breast, vagina, and ovaries among others.
- Anyone with a high level of FSH
- In case you have any type of lesion in the head. For example, the pituitary tumor
- Anyone with an enlargement or have an ovarian cyst that is not brought by the polycystic ovarian.
Side effects of the Menopur 75 iu
The medication is known to be very effective and delivers excellent results, though a few side effects have been noted on the users. Some of the common side effects include;
- Fullness in the abdomen
- Tenderness in the breast
- Abdominal pain
- Vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea
- Cramps and dizziness among others.
Apart from these, you may also experience other severe side effects like;
- An unusual pain during the menstrual bleeding
- Abnormal bleeding from the vagina
- Feeling a slight pain when urinating
- Symptoms of flu-like fever and cough.
These are some of the general information you need to know before using the Menopur 75 iu. With these, you will know whether the medication is suitable for you or not. You should also ensure that you only use the medication according to the prescriptions by the doctor to avoid certain side effects.