You have noticed that your breast has enlarged in size. You are worried since you are a man and in confusion which steps to take next. Out of desperation you have approached one of your friends and disclosed what you are going through. Your friend has advised seeing a doctor for a prescription of Letrozole for gyno. You have scheduled a visit to the doctor, but you are wondering what is Letrozole? First, you have to understand the meaning of this medicine and gyno.
What is Letrozole?
The drug falls under the category of aromatase inhibitors (AI’s). It is a hormonal therapy and it is available under the doctor’s prescription. Letrozole is the generic name whereas, Femara is the brand name. This medication is used to:
- Manage and prevent breast cancer (it is the main use of this medication)
- To treat gynecomastia
- To treat infertility problems
What is Gynecomastia?
Gyno (gynecomastia) is a condition that affects males. Men’s breast glands are tiny and underdeveloped that’s why it’s hard to note them. Gynecomastia isn’t serious, but interferes with your confidence and it’s embarrassing. Picture your spouse, brother or father with big breast that resembles breast of a woman, it’s scary, right? You can be able to detect breast enlargement if you note the following:
- Swollen breast gland tissue
- Breast tenderness
Your areola may grow in diameter and the chest tissue may seem out of shape; lack symmetry. You can consult your physician if you see the following on your breast:
- Discharge from one of the breasts or both of them
A number of factors are associated with gynecomastia. The hormonal imbalance between testosterone and estrogen is a leading cause of breast enlargement. Estrogen triggers breast development and testosterone cause male traits like muscle mass and growth of hair. Men produce estrogen, but it’s very minimal. When estrogen levels are high in men, gynecomastia develops.
Does the Drug Reverse Gynecomastia?
It is possible for Letrozole to restore your breast back to their normal size. Since breast enlargement is provoked by high estrogen levels, this drug is a powerful aromatase inhibitor. When administered, estrogen levels decrease with immediate effect. The effects of Letrozole are reversible, it temporally binds on aromatase enzyme, but the effect is powerful on and estrogen reduction occurs. It is far much better when compared to the other aromatase inhibitors, it is ideal in emergency situations and that’s why many doctors and bodybuilders prefer treating breast enlargement with Letrozole. Dealing with enlarged breast is stressful for you as a man. You can’t hide gynecomastia in your romantic relationship and you must consider taking Letrozole. For boys in puberty with gynecomastia , peers will tease them, which affect their self-esteem. It becomes difficult for a teenage boy to go for swimming and changing is traumatic. Regardless of your age, enlarged breast make you unhappy and you hate your body; this can result in depression. As you consider this medication for gynecomastia, you can seek help from:
- Getting counseling – find a counselor to see you through this trying time in your life, share your frustrations to avoid depression.
- Inform your family and friends – it is difficult to share with your loved ones about gynecomastia. But take a step of courage and communicate with those you consider close to you for emotional and moral support. Eventually, you will establish a stronger bond on your relationship and deal with stress.
- Find a support group – you are neither the first one nor the last one to be affected with gyno. Find men dealing with enlarged breast or dealt with it in the past. It will aid you cope with gyno. Remember, sharing your experience is a therapy to unburden yourself from worries
The normal drug dosage for gyno is 1.25 mg to 2.5 mg daily; although the doctor must prescribe the dose that will work for you. Make sure you inform your doctor on the following conditions before you take this medication:
- Liver disease
- Existing allergies or ingredients of Letrozole
You are now convinced Letrozole is good for gyno treatment, but you don’t know where to buy the medication. Well, thanks to technology, you can buy this medication online. Get a prescription from your doctor and make an online purchase, it’s that’s simple.
Causes of Breast Enlargement
There are some risk factors that increase chances of developing gynecomastia at one point in your life, such as:
- Aging – as you age, hormonal changes occur resulting to gyno, more so in obese men and older men
- Hypogonadism – any condition that disrupts the production of the hormone testosterone like Klinefelter’s syndrome can be linked with gyno.
- Tumors – some growths, especially tumors of the testes, pituitary gland, and adrenal glands. All these glands produce hormones and tumors cause hormonal imbalance hence gyno.
- Kidney failure – is a cause of gynecomastia because of changes in your hormones.
- Liver failure – liver failure interferes with your hormones and medications taken trigger gyno as well.
- Malnutrition and starving – levels of testosterone decrease when you deprive your body of enough nutrients, however, estrogen levels are not affected, gynecomastia takes place.
- Anabolic steroids used by bodybuilders to build muscle mass and muscle gain.
- Adolescence – it is a time when there are a lot of hormonal changes which can cause breast enlargement.
Newborn males can be born with enlarged breasts as an effect of estrogen on the mother! After three weeks at most, the condition resolves itself. In adolescents, young and older men, gynecomastia goes away after two years. However, if it has been provoked by medications, it is advisable to buy Letrozole for gyno. Don’t shy off from seeking medical intervention; Gynecomastia is reversible with the right treatment such as Letrozole, though it can resolve on its own. Almost all the men want to deal with it and reverse it with immediate effect.
Are you out there and have suffered in silence because of gynecomastia, you are not alone. Speak about it and think about Letrozole to get rid of gyno and you will enjoy the benefits.